Whenever I think about dessert, I always know what I am going to talk about : halo-halo. Halo-halo means “mix everything”. This is a popular dessert in the Philippines. The right way to eat it is to first mix all the ingredients, different fruits, jelly, beans, rice crispies, milk, ice shavings and even ice cream. So instead of saying to my friends, "Let's drink something and have a ‘chika’, I would say instead, “Let’s have halo-halo”. Then I would know I would have a wonderful time with this sweet cool all-time favorite. I'm sure Japanese will like the halo halo's taste too.
This is the Japanese equivalent of a halo-halo: shaved ice with a few beans and a small slice of rice cake. It is a simple dessert.
i want to eat this!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you're enjoying your pinay culture macky. Hope you have more fun here!
ReplyDeleteGood choice of topic. I so love to eat. But please kindly add more pictures to attract more readers and followers. thanks.
ReplyDeletekisses :)